Friday, October 24, 2008

Bless Them and Release Them

Once in a great while I miss a few people I used to know.

It doesn't really do me a lot of good, but it doesn't do a lot of bad either.

Truth be told, I don't really have any hatred for any ex, though a few of them hate me with the fire of a thousand suns.

Truth be told, no one likes getting left, even if they know very well that the relationship is toxic.

I am glad Dereck found someone he's happy with, because it sure as hell wasn't me...but I do miss him from time to time.

He wasn't a bad person and I never did hate the man...but when it comes down to it, if being around someone makes you miserable, then it isn't a relationship you should continue.
Sometimes a freindship can be salvaged, sometimes not.
In this case, Dereck spent half of our relationship telling me that we weren't friends, so it wasn't too hard to see what was going to happen.
Every time I heard that, a little peice of my affection for him just died.

I am like that.

"If we are not friends, then why am I involved with you at all?" just kept running through my head.

I am glad he found someone that makes him happy.

Too bad it never could have been with us.

Because I left, the man hates my guts.

So it goes.

However, since he has a new girlfriend, it means I can go to the kite-park again without having to worry about the whole "you-left-me-you-evil-bitch..." crap.

THAT is a good thing!

Onward and upward.

No comments: